Accounts Payable Accountant
Manage the daily functions of the Accounts Payable.
- Creation and maintenance of vendors in Rootstock.
- Processing of timely payments to vendors for invoices supported with appropriate PO receipt and Management approval as required, ensuring compliance with company policies. Download invoices from various billing sites to ensure timely payments.
- Processing of timely payments to employees for reimbursement of travel expenses and to ensure a high level of compliance to company policies through an audit of expense reports and communicating with employees regarding exceptions. Maintain employees and expense information utilizing Concur and prepare journal entries.
- Assist in ensuring employees adhere to travel and entertainment policy.
- Create wire transfers for payment of domestic and international vendors.
- Process periodic check run and upload check information.
- Support in preparing and entering ADP payroll entries.
- Review all incoming invoices for both non-purchase orders and purchase orders.
- Provide support to Purchasing Dept on resolving issues with vendors to get orders released, preparing credit applications and processing rush checks when required.
- Interact with vendors regarding payment updates or disputes of invoices.
- Insurance claim processing (as needed).
- Prepare and maintain electronic file for all MA ST-4 resale certificate and MA ST-12 tax exemption forms.
- Ad hoc projects.
Month-end functions and reconciliations.
- Ensure all known expenses are received against open PO’s, compile invoices for accruals and generate AP month end reports.
- Prepare and enter journal entries to record prepaid expenses amortization and accrued expenses.
- Prepare month end reconciliations for the following: AP liability accounts, Accruals accounts, Prepaid Inventory/Misc Expenses, Employee Receivable, and Corporate Credit Card account.
- Review and complete all 1099 Intuitive reports to actual vendor paid invoices to ensure the accuracy of 1099 reportable amounts. Review vendor W9 forms against 1099 Intuitive reports to ensure the accuracy of Federal Tax ID#s.
- Support and perform Sunshine Act filing.
Educational, training, and experience qualifications:
- Degree with an accounting focus, with at least 3 years in A/P capacity.
- Manufacturing background or medical device experience preferred.
- Systems experience preferred – Financial Force, Rootstock and Concur.
- Computer skills – must have experience with creating and maintaining Excel spreadsheets.
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org