Intended Use Statement
The MEVION S250 and MEVION S250i are intended to deliver proton radiation treatment to patients with localized tumors or any other conditions susceptible to treatment by radiation.
Statement of Contraindications (SOC)
Residual Risk Statement
The MEVION S250 and MEVION S250i must only be operated by properly qualified, trained, certified, and experienced personnel. Under no condition may unqualified personnel be permitted to operate this medical device.
Mevion consciously designed and developed the MEVION S250 and MEVION S250i with an intent to minimize the risk of harm to the patient, users, and bystanders associated with use and operation of the MEVION S250 and MEVION S250i. Mevion evaluates hazards, and provide mitigation based on severity and probability of identified risks. Due to the nature of proton beam radiation therapy, residual risks exist during use and operation. Operators must be specifically trained on all equipment, read all instructions, user materials, and customer notices, comply with good clinical practices, exercise due and appropriate care, read and accordingly respond to user warnings and signals, and remain attentive and alert throughout the treatment delivery process.
All forms of radiation therapy may cause side effects, based upon treatment location and prescribed treatment dose. Side effects may include, but are not limited to, hair loss, fatigue, skin irritation, nausea, slow wound healing, respiratory or digestive issues, or irritation to other tissue or organs. Misuse of the product or user error could result in negligible or serious injury, or, in extreme cases, death. Physicians must be adequately qualified, as the ultimate safety and efficacy of the treatment relies upon physician treatment selection, planning, and delivery.
The MEVION S250 and MEVION S250i must be used in accordance with all applicable user, patient, and environmental safety guidelines, laws, and other requirements.
Virtual Patent Marking
The following Mevion Medical Systems products and components are protected by patents in the U.S. and elsewhere. This website is provided to satisfy the virtual patent marking provisions of various jurisdictions including the virtual patent marking provisions of the America Invents Act. The following list of Mevion Medical Systems products and components may not be all inclusive, and other Medical Medical Systems products and components not listed here may be protected by one or more patents.
Environmental and Safety Policy
Mevion Environmental and Safety Policy
Mevion, as a manufacturer of large electromechanical medical device equipment, recognizes that our operations inevitably have an impact on the environment of our planet. We strive to be an environmentally conscious and responsible organization.
We also recognize that our workers entrust our company with their safety every day. Injury and illness losses from industrial accidents can be costly to a company, but they are far more tragic to the harmed individuals. Mevion makes every prudent effort to ensure safe and healthy working conditions.
Mevion evaluates the interests of parties affected or influenced by our operations through a systematic assessment of hazards and risks of harm both to the individual and to the broader environmental impact. Responsible work practices, processes, and equipment are then engrained into the standard work practices of our company, represented by the Mevion Business Management System.
Key Elements of the Mevion Environmental and Safety Policy:
- Identifies, pursues, measures, and manages environmental and safety objectives and performance targets to effectively mitigate identified risk;
- Seeks to satisfy the interests of employees, shareholders, customers and their patients, regulatory authorities, and other related parties;
- Drives a company culture of environmental protection, safety, and responsibility while in effective pursuit of company strategic objectives;
- Provides a safe and healthful workplace and ensures that personnel are properly trained and have appropriate safety and emergency equipment;
- Is subject to routine management reviews and includes consultation and participation of employees to ensure adequate performance and drive continual improvement;
- Confirms compliance with legal and regulatory requirements, as well as ISO 14001 and ISO45001;
- Ensures that Mevion is an environmentally responsible neighbor both in the communities where we operate and as a global citizen.