What Kind of Data is Collected
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include any data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
When Mevion Medical Systems collects information from you, it is limited to your name, title, e-mail address, business name and location, and telephone numbers.
Mevion uses this data to respond to your inquiry or to respond to your requests, such as to receive electronic announcements, updates or questions submitted through our website.
We may ask for additional information, such as your workplace, business title and position, or other information if it is necessary to respond to a question or service that you have requested or if that information is required for regulatory compliance.
Domain name information that we collect cannot personally identify you and instead is aimed to measure the number of visits, average time spent on the site, pages viewed, etc. We use this information to measure the use of our site and to improve its content. This technical data includes IP address, browser type and version, time zone settings, location, browser plug-in types and version, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website. None of this aggregate data is linked with Personal Data.
Mevion Medical Systems is the data controller responsible for this website and any handling of personal data is carried out by Mevion Medical Systems, Inc.
How is your data collected?
Mevion Medical Systems uses different methods to collect data from and about you through direct interactions with our company. This includes:
- Registering to receive our press releases and electronic communications on our website or landing pages
- Requesting information at an industry trade show or event
- Making enquiries or requests for information be sent to you through our website.
- Requesting marketing material to be sent to you via e-mail.
- Engaging with us on social media
- Participating in surveys
- Corresponding with Mevion employees via e-mail
- Contacting customer service
- Purchasing our products and services
How we use your data.
We may also use your data to:
- Respond to a specific request.
- Comply with a legal or regulatory obligation. For example, keeping records of our sales and use of the product for US Food and Drug Administration and Medical Device Directive compliance.
- Maintain or administer services and perform business analyses to improve our products, services and other business functions.
You have the right at any time to opt-out and remove yourself without explanation from any direct marketing communications from Mevion Medical Systems. The easiest way to opt-out is to use the unsubscribe link that the bottom of any communication from us or send an email to email@example.com
We do not use any automated decision making tools for direct marketing purposes.
How do we protect your information?
Mevion Medical Systems makes every reasonable effort to follow industry standards and apply appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorized way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on a legitimate business need and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality. Mevion Medical Systems has put in place procedures to respond to any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
While we take these precautions, e-mail is not a secure form of communication and cannot be secured against all forms of interception. Should you wish to transmit information to Mevion Medical Systems that is sensitive in nature, we advise that you contact us via telephone and mail.
What are Cookies and what information do they collect about me?
Cookies are small files—usually consisting of letters and numbers—placed on your computer, tablet, phone, or similar device, when you use that device to visit a web site. Cookies are widely used by web site owners to make their web sites operate efficiently and effectively.
Below is a description of some of the types of Cookies we and our service providers may use on our Sites and the purposes for which they are used.
- Essential Cookies. These Cookies are required for the operation of our Web Site (for example, to enable you to log into secure areas of our web site). These Cookies enable you to move around the Sites and use their features. Disabling these Cookies will hinder the Sites’ performance and may make some features and services unavailable.
- Functional Cookies. These Cookies enable the functionality of the Sites, including third-party functions. For example, these Cookies are used to recognize you when you return to our Sites, greet you by name, and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region). Third-party functional Cookies that may be contained on the Sites such as YouTube allow Mevion to show videos of Company products. These functional Cookies have their own identifiers.
- Advertising Cookies. These Cookies record your online activities, including your visits to our Sites, the pages you have visited, and the links and advertisements you have visited. This information allows our service providers to deliver advertisements or other communications that are more relevant to you. This may also involve partners such as publishers, data management platforms, and demand side platforms that help to manage the data.
How Long do Cookies Stay on My Device?
Some Cookies operate from the time you visit the Sites to the end of that particular web browsing session. These Cookies expire and are automatically deleted when you close your Internet browser. These Cookies are called “session” Cookies.
Some Cookies will stay on your device between browsing sessions—they do not expire when you close your browser. These Cookies are called “persistent” Cookies. The length of time a persistent Cookie stays on your device varies from Cookie to Cookie. We and others use persistent Cookies for a variety of purposes, such as to store your preferences so that they are available for the next visit.
Who Puts the Cookies on My Device?
Cookies may be placed on your device by Mevion as the Site operator. These Cookies are called “first party” Cookies. Some Cookies may be placed on your device by a party other than Mevion. These Cookies are called “third party” Cookies. For example, a Mevion partner may place a third-party Cookie on the Site to enable online chat services.
How do I Manage Cookies?
You may manage your Cookie Preferences by changing your browser settings so that cookies from this website cannot be placed on your computer or mobile device. After accepting or declining cookies, you can, at your convenience, disable or reactivate cookies on the browser of your device.
How does Mevion respond to a Do Not Track signal?
There is currently no industry agreed-upon response to a Do Not Track signal. At this time, Mevion websites do not function differently based on a user’s Do Not Track signal. For more information on Do Not Track, see All About Do Not Track.
Privacy at Mevion
How to Contact Us
Mevion may change this Notice at any time. The “LAST UPDATED” section at the bottom of this page lists when this Notice was last revised. Any changes to this Notice will become effective when we make the revised Notice available on or through the Sites.
LAST UPDATED: October 22, 2019
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted companies, our vendors, who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties are contractually bound to use personal information we share with them only to perform the services we have hired them to provide and agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property, or safety.
Third Party Links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products, services or associations on our website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies employed by other sites. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content, security and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites. Mevion Medical Systems' website may contain links to other sites.
We will not retain your personal or contact data longer than necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, contractual, accounting, or reporting requirements.
California Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
Because we value your privacy we have taken the necessary precautions to be in compliance with the California Online Privacy Protection Act. We therefore will not distribute your personal information to outside parties without your consent.
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
We are in compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act); we do not collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age. Our website, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years old or older.
This policy was last modified on 05/25/2018