Field Support Engineer
Location: Cleveland, OH Based with 75%+ travel
- Interact with Mevion Field Service Engineers assigned to specific locations to resolve operational issues.
- Travel to any Mevion installation to assist with support activities as assigned.
- Provide backup onsite support coverage for site FSEs’ who are on PTO, in training etc.
- Interact with the customer’s professional and technical staff at the site to resolve, any operational issues with the MEVION Systems.
- Maintain the required records for operation, service and customer problem reporting
- Provide feedback to Mevion for system performance and improvements as required, or recommended.
- Provide training for Field Service Engineers.
- Manage on-site parts inventory.
- Learn the operating principles and service techniques for the subsystems of MEVION products.
- Understand and become proficient on the electrical, magnet, cryostat, vacuum, software, water cooling systems and Patient Positioning Systems of Mevion equipment and hospital infrastructure requirements.
- Willingness and ability to utilize various Mevion business systems and tools (i.e. Business Management System, Salesforce, etc.).
- Other job related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Bachelors degree in Engineering, Physics, or other related technical field (including Navy Nuclear program), or equivalent experience
- 5-7 plus years field service experience in radiotherapy or closely related field including particle accelerators, radiotherapy, nuclear power, semiconductor industry, or other related field
- Experience utilizing tools and test instruments (i.e. oscilloscopes, multimeters, etc.)
- Experience with and understanding of computer interfaces to instrumentation and control systems
- Experience in advanced accelerator or cyclotron technical work preferred
- Ability to speak English and Mandarin is preferred
Must have the ability to learn the following within the first six months:
- Learn the operating principles and service techniques for the subsystems of MEVION equipment
- Become proficient in all software, control system elements and user interfaces to the MEVION systems
- Understand the electrical, vacuum, and water cooling systems of MEVION equipment and Hospital infrastructure for the MEVION equipment
- The employee will work at times in environments where devices producing high levels of radiation are operating. Devices use high magnetic fields, high voltages, compressed and liquefied gases, and radioactive materials. Strict adherence to corporate and site safety procedures is mandatory
- Must have the ability and willingness to occasionally work at heights of up to 20 feet, lift weight of up to 40 pounds, climb stairs, and ladders to access equipment.
- Frequent weekend work is required
- Travel (domestic and international) may be in excess of 75%
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org