Manager, Mechanical Engineering
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
The Mechanical Engineering Manager directs and guides all activities relating to Mevion Medical Systems mechanical engineering efforts. The selected individual must demonstrate strong leadership and inspire excellence by keeping teams focused on delivering world-class products. The manager shall exercise initiative and independent judgment in creating structured engineering design processes that promote effectiveness and efficiency as well as champion, develop, and implement continuous process improvements.
The Mechanical Engineering Manager provides strong technical direction by evaluating and guiding product strategy, design, development, and related activities across various projects. Ensure excellence and compliance in project execution through effective project management and inter-departmental collaboration. Guide change management, project planning, resource allocation and champion continuous process improvement.
Essential Job Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required.
- Manages, plans, and directs mechanical engineering activities and staff with overall responsibility for delivering high quality products on time and on budget that meet or exceed requirements.
- Establishes high quality standard for department and promotes sense of urgency and accountability.
- Analyzes design, test, and feasibility studies of subsystems, assemblies, and their components to identify opportunities for design, cost or time-to-market improvements.
- Establishes and implements structured engineering design processes and metrics that effectively measure and improve team performance.
- Continuously seeks innovative ways to improve development productivity through the introduction of new technologies, tools, systems, methods, and controls.
- Monitors and implements industry best practices to develop techniques to accomplish rapid execution of design related tasks, with a focus on getting tasks accomplished in the fewest calendar days possible.
- Works closely with key stakeholders to define new products and ensure products meet or exceed customer requirements.
- Ensures that proper documentation, such as test specifications, design changes and procedures, is provided to the appropriate functional areas.
- Selects, develops, and provides guidance, coaching, and mentoring to mechanical engineering staff, including performance management and evaluations.
- Acts as liaison with Marketing, Sales, Program Management, Procurement, Manufacturing, Quality, Finance, and Service.
- Responsible for resource allocation of staff within work level demands and budgetary constraints.
- Participates in developing and managing annual operating budget.
- Monitors project status and pursues corrective action, as required in terms of schedules, budgets, priorities, staffing, and work quality.
- Other applicable duties, as assigned or required.
Minimum educational, training and experience qualifications:
- BSME with a minimum of 15+ years experience in product development or engineering projects
- 10 years engineering or project management experience
- Exceptional ability to lead, motivate, and manage high-performance people and teams
- Proven experience and knowledge in managing engineers to execute according to product development process.
- Must be knowledgeable in leading complex products involving integration of hardware and software components
- Experience designing successful products for reliability, serviceability, and manufacturability
- Must be comfortable and effective acting as a catalyst for change
- Experienced in creating structured engineering design processes and metrics that effectively measure and improve team performance
- Strong ability to analyze, introduce, and drive process development improvements
- Proven success in managing timely completion of engineering projects
- Strong interpersonal skills, innovative problem solving skills, and strong facilitation skills
- Performance and results oriented with track record of developing, motivating, and leading strong, effective teams
- Excellent organizational skills, verbal and written communication skills, and presentation skills
- Ability to persuade and influence others
- Knowledgeable in structures, kinematics, or FEA
- Proficient in parametric CAD software tools, Solidworks preferred
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and MS Project)
- Ability to travel as required
Please submit resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mevion Medical Systems, Inc. offers competitive compensation and benefits.
Mevion Medical Systems, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.