Import and Export Manager
Job duties and responsibilities:
- Key responsibilities of the Import and Export Manager will be to manage the movement of product, equipment and material in/out of country in accordance with organizational policies and procedures and to comply with relevant local and country regulations and process.
- Prepare and process import/export documentation according to regulations. Detailed understanding and working knowledge of the federal regulatory requirements in the areas of U.S. export compliance and documentation, including, but not limited to Export Administration Regulations (EAR).
- With Mevion Regulatory Affairs, will participate in Mevion Medical Systems development of global import/ export strategies. Serves as a point of contact and authority for internal/ external inquiries concerning global trade or customs compliance.
- Provide export compliance guidance and support to all business areas. Interface with RAQA, Global Services, Installation teams, and Distributors regarding logistics and compliance related matters. Complete all application paperwork for export and import licenses.
- Track and trace shipments, researching and resolving any issues regarding billing or shipping discrepancies, communicate timely correspondence back to both customers and vendors.
- Monitor and trace the location of company equipment and material. Confer with officials in various agencies to facilitate clearance of goods through customs and/or quarantine. Provide advice on transportation options for company equipment or material. Responsible for creation of shipping documents and labeling required to ship hazardous and/or radioactive material.
- Responsible for filing in the Automated Export Systems (AES).
- Reverse Logistics: Manage and coordinate with Global Services, Mevion Medical Systems customers or Distributors end-to-end aspects associated with the international Repairs Operations process. Work closely with Supply Chain and Global Service organization to properly manage the depot inventory, including but not limited to inventory accuracy, inventory stocking levels, revision control and replenishment strategies.
- Based on direction from Global Services organization and Operations Project Management prioritize deliveries to Mevion Medical Systems international distributors and customers.
- Collaborate and build relationships with carriers and agent representatives regarding air, ocean, import, and export products to strengthen service competitiveness. Perform ongoing analysis to track freight trends and provide recommendations for improvements. Review current internal business processes impacting transportation costs; make recommendations for improvement.
- Ensure carrier compliance with company policies or procedures for product transit or delivery.
- Detailed understanding and working knowledge of Inco terms.
- Working closely with Mevion Regulatory Affairs, monitor changes in import/export laws or regulations and modify Mevion Medical Systems process and procedures accordingly. Advise on import/export restrictions, requirements or other customs-related matters. Continuously review/ validate HTS classifications that are utilized by Mevion Medical Systems Customers and Distributors around the world. Initiate costs savings and duty reductions through participation in Free Trade Agreements, Duty Drawbacks and other eligible trade programs.
- Working with Regulatory Affairs, maintain and update company Export Compliance Manual to reflect current changes in Export Reform and how it impacts Mevion Medical Systems. Perform export compliance training for company personnel (one-on-one, group or dept.).
- Perform related duties as assigned or requested.
Minimum educational, training, and experience qualifications:
- Minimum BA or BS degree or equivalent practical experience is required.
- Experience performing import/export coordination responsibilities for a medical device manufacturer.
- 8-10 years of experience in Logistics/ Trade Compliance. In depth knowledge of Export Administration Regulations, US Customs, Commerce, and other US and international regulatory agencies, including knowledge of Customs valuation and classification under the Harmonized Tariff Schedule, C-TPAT, ISA, FTAs, ISF, export controls, duty drawback and/or other technical areas related to international trade activity.
- IATA Transporting Medical Radioactive Material and US DOT Hazardous Material Transportation Training or Certification.
- Strong communicator who can interact with cross-functional teams across all levels.
- Ability to meet aggressive deadlines; manage multiple projects and locations simultaneously and to work in a fast-paced, dynamic, individual and team-oriented work environment.
- Must be detail oriented and extremely well organized.
- Experience providing excellent customer service to internal and external customers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience with MS Office products
International travel will be required.
Please submit resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mevion Medical Systems, Inc. offers competitive compensation and benefits.
Mevion Medical Systems, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.