Director of Finance
In this role you will provide strategic vision, direction, and leadership for all aspects of the Company’s accounting operations: internal and external financial reporting, cash flow management, budgeting, forecasting, and internal control
- Guides financial decisions by establishing, monitoring and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state and local legal requirements by researching existing and new legislation, consulting with outside advisors, and filing financial reports. Advises management of actions and potential risks.
- Lead the preparation, review, and reporting of financial statements, and accompanying analysis for management and Board of Directors in accordance with accounting, audit and tax standards.
- Effectively manage Mevion’s cash flow
- Select and manage banking and investment services.
- Manage debt instruments
- Collaborate with Senior Management team to develop the annual operating and capital budgets.
- Provide timely accurate financial reports to management and the Board of Directors
- Meet tax requirements and filings, both domestically and internationally.
- Manage financial and other third party audits.
- Respond to recommendations from financial and other third party audits.
- Provides financial analysis for capital and expense projects, manufacturing proposals and productivity initiatives.
- Lead all cost accounting activities for the company.
- Identify opportunities for cost improvements.
- Ensure Intercompany transactions are timely, accurate and reconcile to HQ.
- Revenue recognition under both completed contract and percent complete methodologies.
- Develop and periodic review of manufacturing and service overhead rates. Work with external parties to provide financing opportunities for customers.
- Create opportunities to optimize work processes.
- Manage small accounting staff
- Serve as a resource for all Senior and Key Managers.
- Hires, trains, develops and appraises staff effectively. Takes corrective action as necessary on a timely basis and in accordance with company policy. Consults with Human Resources as appropriate.
- Keeps up-to-date on information and technology affecting functional area(s) to increase innovation and ensure compliance.
Risk Management and Internal Controls
- Maintain best practices according to accounting, audit and tax standards for privately held corporations with the potential for future IPO.
- Provide for appropriate segregation of duties among staff and secure systems of processing payments and contractual agreements with appropriate signature authority Maximizes return and limits risk on cash by minimizing cash balances and making investments.
- Maximizes return and limits risk on cash by minimizing cash balances and making investments.
- Contribute to the development of a supportive and collaborative work environment through active participation in internal collaborations.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage and function as a member of a team.
- Ability to work effectively in a multicultural/multinational organization.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree and degree in accounting or finance; CPA and/or MSA preferred
- 10-12 years work experience in accounting, and/or finance management (including experience at a controller level) with duties and responsibilities of a similar nature. At least 2 years in a manufacturing or distribution environment is required.
- Finance experience in the Medical device industry is a plus
- Experience in audited environment required
- Strong current technical accounting skills including an understanding of GAAP and IFRS reporting requirement
- Project Accounting and Cost Accounting experience required
- Experience working in an international organization with operations in EMEA and APAC. Knowledge and experience with Hong Kong accounting practices is a plus
- Prior M&A and/or IPO experience a plus
- Preference given to candidates with two or more years of Public Accounting experience.
- Computer/System proficiency including ERP systems and strong MS Excel skills.
- Bi-lingual English-Mandarin required.
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org